When your employees are aware of security threats, they are better equipped to prevent and report data breaches at your organization. One of the best ways to increase workforce security awareness is through an ongoing security awareness program for everyone on your team.
This approach pays: according to Ponemon Institute, security awareness training decreases the per-capita cost of data breaches from $225 to $209.
In this paper, we:
- Explain the organizational value of a security awareness training program
- Outline how to conduct an audience assessment
- Provide recommended educational methodologies
- Review security awareness training best practices
- Explain the four-step security awareness training cycle