A well-developed security policy is a powerful risk mitigation tool. As the media reminds us every day, it’s often not IT systems, but people, that fall victim to hacking attempts. Regardless of your company size, a security policy can establish actionable ways for your organization to foster — and enforce — a workforce culture of security awareness.
In this paper, we:
- Risks of not having a security policy
- Value of going beyond off-the-shelf policy solutions
- Critical steps in policy development
- Effectiveness of a global policy vs. department-specific policies
- Suggestions on policy content, scope and implementation